Sunday, June 19, 2022

For Healing of Mind, Body, Spirit, Relationships

Introduction

This prayer is an adapted form of the original prayer given in
the book, "Praying With Mary", by Janice T. Connell. This is a
good prayer before the Blessed Sacrament, since it contains
consecratory prayers, a selected Scripture passage, and the
rosary. If you want to make a visit to the Blessed Sacrament
and need a structure of prayer to follow, this one would be just
right for a 30-minute stay in the adoration chapel.



Part one

I adore you, O most holy Lord Jesus Christ, and I bless you here
and in all places where your faithful is gathered in Your Holy
Name throughout the world.


Blessed be the Holy Trinity, one God, now and forever. Amen.


Glory to our Father, Who created me; glory to the Son, Who
redeemed me; glory to the Holy Spirit, Who sanctifies me.




Part two (Consecration to the Sacred Heart)

Jesus, I know that You are merciful and that You have offered
Your Heart for us. It is crowned with thorns and with our sins.
We know that You implore us constantly so that we do not go
astray. Jesus, remember us when we sin. By means of Your Heart,
make all people love one another. Make hate disappear from among
Your people. Show us Your Love. We all love You and want You to
protect us with Your Shepherd's Heart and free us from every sin.
Jesus, enter into every heart. Knock! Knock at the door of our
hearts. Be patient and never desist. We are still closed because
we have not understood Your Love. Knock continuously. O Good
Jesus, make us open our hearts to You, at least in the moment we
remember Your Passion suffered for us. Amen.



Part three (Consecration to Mary)

O Immaculate Heart of Mary, ardent with goodness, show your love
to us. May the flame of your heart, O Mary, descend on all
mankind. We love you so. Impress true love in our hearts so that
we have a continuous desire for you. O Mary, meek and humble of
heart, remember us when we are in sin. You know that all people
sin. Give us, by means of your Immaculate Heart, spiritual
health. Let us always see the goodness of your maternal heart,
and may we be converted by means of the flames of God's love
for us in your heart. Amen.



Part four (Scripture prayers)

Jesus said: "Peace be with you...As the Father has sent me, so
I send you" (John 20:21).

Lord Jesus, fill me with Your Holy Spirit that I may live Your
Word and thereby be an instrument of peace to the ends of the
earth.

Jesus said: "Be like servants who await their master's return...
You must be prepared, for at an hour you do not expect, the Son
of Man will come" (Luke 12:36, 40)

Select a reading from the Bible
(short silence for meditation)



Part five (rosary)

Recitation of the Holy Rosary

Recitation of the Litany of Loreto

Pray the Magnificat



Part six (Act of contrition)

O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended You, and I
detest all my sins because I dread the loss of Heaven and the
pains of hell. But, most of all my God, because You are all good
and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve with the help of
Your grace to confess my sins, do penance and amend my life.
Amen.



Part seven (Prayer to St. Michael)

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our safeguard
against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke
him, we humbly pray; and do you, Prince of the Heavenly Host,
by the power of God, cast into hell all the evil spirits who
wander through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.



Concluding Part

Seven Our Fathers, seven Hail Marys, seven Glory Be to the
Fathers.

No comments:

Memorial of Saints (September 18)

Obligatory and Optional Memorials of Saints for September 18 Joseph of Cupertino, confessor; Ferreolus, martyr; Methodiu...