Sunday, July 21, 2024

Classic Novenas

Classic Novenas

To the Holy Spirit

O Holy Spirit, Third Person of the Blessed Trinity! Spirit of Truth, Love and Holiness, proceeding from the Father and the Son, and equal to Them in all things! I adore Thee and love Thee with all my heart. Teach me to know and to seek God, by whom and for whom I was created. Fill my heart with holy fear and love of God. Grant me compunction and patience, and suffer me not to fall into sin. Give me an increase of Faith, Hope and Charity, and bring forth in my soul all the virtues proper to my state of life. Give me the four Cardinal Virtues, Thy seven Gifts and Thy twelve Fruits. Make me a faithful follower of Jesus and an obedient child of the Church. Give me the grace to keep the Commandments and to receive the Sacraments worthily. Raise me to perfection in the state of life to which Thou hast called me, and lead me through a happy death, to everlasting life. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord. Grant me also, O Holy Spirit, Thou who art the giver of all good gifts, the special favour for which I ask (name it), if it be for Thy greater honor and glory and the good of my soul.

Glory be to the Father (3 times)

Novena of Confidence to the Sacred Heart

O Lord Jesus Christ, to Thy Most Sacred Heart, I confide this intention (here mention your request). Only look upon me, then do what Thy Sacred Heart inspires. Let Thy Sacred Heart decide...I count on It...I trust in It...I throw myself on Its mercy. Sacred Heart of Jesus, I trust in Thee. Sacred Heart of Jesus, I believe in Thy love for me. Sacred Heart of Jesus, Thy kingdom come. O Sacred Heart of Jesus, I have asked Thee for many favors, but I earnestly implore this one. Take it, place it in Thy open, broken Heart; and when the Eternal Father looks upon it, covered with Thy Precious Blood, He will not refuse it. It will be no longer my prayer, but Thine, O Jesus, O Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in Thee. Let me not be disappointed. Amen.

Novena in Urgent Need to the Infant Jesus of Prague

To be said at the same time for nine consecutive hours or for nine days

O Jesus, who hast said, "Ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened to you," through the intercession of Mary, Thy most holy Mother, I knock, I seek, I ask that my prayer be granted.

Mention your request

O Jesus, who hast said, "All that you ask of the Father in My Name, He will grant you," through the intercession of Mary, Thy most holy Mother, I humbly and urgently ask Thy Father in Thy Name that my prayer be granted.

Mention your request

O Jesus, who hast said, "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but
My word shall not pass," through the intercession of Mary, Thy most
holy Mother, I feel confident that my prayer will be granted.

Mention your request

To Our Lady of Perpetual Help

O Mother of Perpetual Help! grant that I may ever invoke your
most powerful name, which is the safeguard of the living and the
salvation of the dying. O purest Mary! O sweetest Mary! let your
name henceforth be ever on my lips. Delay not, O Blessed Lady, to
succour me whenever I call on you. In all my temptations, in all
my needs, I will never cease to call on you ever repeating your
sacred name. Mary, Mary. Oh, what a consolation, what sweetness,
what confidence, what emotion fills my soul when I utter your sacred
name, or even only think of you! I thank the Lord for having given
you, for my good, so sweet, so powerful, so lovely a name. But I
will not be content with merely uttering your name. Let my love for
you prompt me ever to hail you Mother of Perpetual Help. Mother of
Perpetual Help, pray for me and grant me the favour I confidently
ask of you. Hail Mary (3 times)

To Our Lady of Lourdes

O Ever Immaculate Virgin, Mother of Mercy, Health of the Sick,
Refuge of Sinners, Comfortress of the Afflicted, you know my wants,
my troubles, my sufferings; deign to cast upon me a look of mercy.
By appearing in the grotto of Lourdes you were pleased to make it a
privileged sanctuary whence you dispense your favours, and where
many sufferers have obtained the cure of their infirmities, both
spiritual and corporal. I come, therefore, with unbounded confidence
to implore your maternal intercession. Obtain O loving Mother, the
grant of my request. I will endeavour to imitate your virtues, that
I may one day share your glory and bless you in eternity. Amen.

Prayer to One's Patron or to Any Saint

O Glorious Saint N. (my beloved Patron), you served
God in humility and confidence on earth and are now in the enjoyment
of His beatific Vision in heaven because you persevered till death
and gained the crown of eternal life. Remember now the dangers that
surround me in the vale of tears, and intercede for me in my needs
and troubles

(especially...)

To St. Anthony of Padua, the Wonder Worker

In Any Need

St. Anthony, glorious for your miracles and for the condescension
of Jesus in coming as a little child to repose in your arms, obtain
for me from His bounty the grace which I ardently desire. You who
were so compassionate towards sinners, regard not my unworthiness,
but the glory of God, that it may be magnified by you in connection
with the particular request which I now earnestly present to you.
(Name it). As a pledge of my gratitude, I beg you to accept
my promise to live more faithfully in accordance with the teachings
of the Church, and to be devoted to the service of the poor whom you
ever loved and still love so greatly. Bless this my resolution,
that I may be faithful to it even until death. St. Anthony, consoler
of all the afflicted, pray for me. St. Anthony, helper of all who
invoke you, pray for me. St. Anthony, whom the Infant Jesus so
much loved and honoured, pray for me.

To Find A Lost Article

St. Anthony, perfect imitator of Jesus, who received from God the
special power of restoring lost things, grant that I may
find...which has been lost, if such be the will of God; or at least
restore to me peace and tranquillity of mind, the loss of which has
afflicted me even more than my material loss. To this favour I beg
you to add another; that I may always remain in possession of the
true good that is God. May I rather lose all things than to lose
God, my supreme Good, or suffer the loss of my greatest treasure,
my immortal soul.

To St. Gerard

For An Expectant Mother

Great St. Gerard, beloved servant of Jesus Christ, perfect imitator
of our meek and humble Savior, and devoted child of the Mother of
God, enkindle within my heart one spark of that heavenly fire of
charity which glowed in yours and made you a seraph of love. O
glorious St. Gerard, because like your Divine Master, you bore
without murmur or complaint the calumnies of wicked men when
falsely accused of crime, you have been raised up by God as the
patron and protector of expectant mothers. Preserve me in the
dangers of motherhood and shield the child I now bear, that it
may be brought safely to the light of day and receive the sacrament
of baptism.

Hail Mary (3 times)

To St. Peregrine, The "Cancer Saint"

Glorious Wonder-Worker, St. Peregrine, you answered the divine
call with a ready spirit, and forsook all the comforts of the world
to dedicate yourself to God in the Order of His most Holy Mother.
You laboured manfully for the salvation of souls; and in union with
Jesus Crucified you endured the most painful sufferings with such
patience as to deserve to be healed miraculously of an incurable
cancer in your leg by a touch of His divine hand. Obtain for me the
grace to answer every call of God and to fulfill His will in all the
events of life. Enkindle in my heart a consuming zeal for the
salvation of souls; deliver me from the infirmities that afflict my
body (especially...). Obtain for me also perfect resignation
to the sufferings it may please God to send me, so that, imitating
our Crucified Savior and His Sorrowful Mother, I may merit eternal
glory in heaven. Amen.

No comments:

Memorial of Saints (September 13)

Obligatory and Optional Memorials of Saints for September 13 John Chrysostom (died 14 Sept. 407 A.D.): ascetic; became bishop of Constanti...