Monday, May 20, 2013

Pentecost Sunday (C)


Inspire in Us the Practice of Good (2011-2013):

Sunday Reflections for Liturgical Years 2011 (A), 2012 (B), and 2013 (C)

Pentecost Sunday (C), May 19, 2013

Liturgical readings
Acts 2:1-11
Psalm 104
Romans 8:8-11
John 14:15-16, 23-26

"The Father will give you another Advocate, to be with you for ever."



If you love me,
and obey the commands I give you,
I will ask the Father
and he will give you


another Paraclete -



"Anyone who loves me
        will be true to my word,


and my Father
        will love him;


we
        will come to him


and
make our dwelling place
        with him always.


He
who does not love me
        does not keep my words.


Yet
the word you hear is not mine;
it comes from the Father
        who sent me.


This much have I told you
        while I was still with you;


the Paraclete,
the Holy Spirit
whom the Father
        will send in my name,
        will instruct you in everything,
        and
        remind you of all
        that I told you.


Points for reflection and prayer:
"They had all met in one room, when suddenly they heard what sounded like
a powerful wind from heaven." (Acts 2)
"All creatures depend on you to feed them throughout the year." (Psalm 104)
"He who raised Jesus from the dead will life to your own mortal bodies
through His Spirit living in you." (Romans)

No comments:

Memorial of Saints (September 30)

Feasts, Obligatory and Optional Memorials of Saints St. Jerome, priest and Doctor of the Church Gregory the Illuminator, bishop;...