Monday, May 06, 2013

6th Sunday of Easter (C)


Inspire in Us the Practice of Good (2011-2013):

Sunday Reflections for Liturgical Years 2011 (A), 2012 (B), and 2013 (C)

6th Sunday of Easter (C), May 5, 2013

Liturgical readings
Acts 15:1-2, 22-29
Psalm 67
Revelation 21:10-14, 22-23
John 14:23-29

"We will make our dwelling place with him always."



Jesus said to his disciples:


"Anyone who loves me
        will be true to my word,


and my Father
        will love him;


we
        will come to him


and
make our dwelling place
        with him always.


He
who does not love me
        does not keep my words.


Yet
the word you hear is not mine;
it comes from the Father
        who sent me.


This much have I told you
        while I was still with you;


the Paraclete,
the Holy Spirit
whom the Father
        will send in my name,
        will instruct you in everything,
        and
        remind you of all
        that I told you.


'Peace'
        is my farewell to you,


my peace
        is my gift to you;


I do not give it to you
        as the world gives peace.


Do not be disturbed
        or fearful.


You have heard me say,


'I go away
        for a while,


and


I come back to you.'


If you truly loved me
you would rejoice
to have me go to the Father,


For the Father
is greater than I.


I tell you this now,
before it takes place,


so that when it takes place


you may believe."


Points for reflection and prayer:
"We are sending you Judas and Silas, who will convey this message by
word of mouth." (Acts 15)
"May God have pity on us and bless us; may He let His face shine upon us." (Psalm 67)
"The holy city had no need of sun or moon, for the glory of God gave it
light, and its lamp was the Lamb." (Revelation 21)

No comments:

26th Sunday of the Year (B)

Reflections for the 26th Sunday of the Year (B) Numbers 11:25-29 Psalm 19 James 5:1-6 Mark 9:38-43, 45, 47-48 To be posted and publishe...