Saturday, August 20, 2022

Isaiah 66:18-21 (from 21st Sunday of the Year - C)

Sunday Readings for your Reflection: Liturgical Years 2011 (A), 2012 (B), and 2013 (C)

21st Sunday of the Year (C), August 25, 2013

Liturgical readings
Isaiah 66:18-21
Psalm 117
Hebrews 12:5-7, 11-13
Luke 13:22-30

"The Lord has come to gather nations of every language."



"I come to gather nations of every language;


they shall come and see my glory.


I will set a sign among them;


from them I will send
        fugitives to the nations;
            to Tarshish
            Put and Lud,
            Mosoch,
            Tubal and Javan,
        to the distant coastlands
        that have never heard of my fame,
        or seen my glory;


and they shall proclaim my glory
        among the nations.

They shall bring all your brethren
        from all the nations
        as an offering to the Lord,
            on horses and in chariots,
            in carts,
            upon mules and dromedaries,


to Jerusalem my holy mountain,"


says the Lord,


"just as the Israelites bring their offering
to the house of the Lord in clean vessels.


Some of these I will take as priests and Levites,"


says the Lord.




Scripture verses from the readings:
"You shall come and see the glory of the Lord." (Isaiah 66)
"For steadfast is the Lord's kindness toward us." (Psalm 117)
"Endure your trials as the discipline of God." (Hebrews 12)
"Some who are last will be first and some who are first will be last." (Luke 18)


No comments:

Memorial of Saints (September 19)

Obligatory and Optional Memorials of Saints for September 19 Januarius, bishop and martyr Peleus and Companions, martyrs; ...