Monday, September 12, 2022

24th Sunday of the Year (C): 1 Timothy 1:12-17

Sunday Readings for Your Reflection: for Liturgical Years 2011 (A), 2012 (B), and 2013 (C)

24th Sunday of the Year (C), September 15, 2013

Liturgical readings
Exodus 32:7-11, 13-14
Psalm 51
1 Timothy 1:12-17
Luke 15:1-32 (short form Luke 15:1-10)

"Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners."


I thank Christ Jesus our Lord,


        who has strengthened me,


        that he has made me
          his servant
          and judged me faithful


I was once
        a blasphemer,
        a persecutor,
        a man filled with arrogance;


but


because I did not know
what I was doing in my unbelief


I have been treated
        mercifully,


        and the grace of our Lord
        has been granted me
        in overflowing measure,


        along with the faith
        and love
        which are in Christ Jesus.


You can depend on this
as worthy of full acceptance;


that Christ Jesus
came into the world


to save sinners.


Of these
I myself am the worst.


But


on that very account
I was dealt with mercifully,


so that in me,
as an extreme case,
Jesus Christ might display
        all his patience,


and that I might become


an example


to those who would later
have faith in him
and gain
everlasting life.


To the King of ages,
        the immortal,
        the invisible,
        the only God,


be honor and glory


forever and ever!


Amen.



Scripture verses from the Readings:
"So the Lord relented in the punishment he had threatened to inflict on his people." (Exodus 32)
"A heart contrite and humbled, O God, you will not spurn." (Psalm 51)
"God has treated Paul mercifully, and the grace of our Lord has been granted him in
overflowing measure." (1 Timothy)


No comments:

Memorial of Saints (September 19)

Obligatory and Optional Memorials of Saints for September 19 Januarius, bishop and martyr Peleus and Companions, martyrs; ...